Our Team Members
Registered Clinical Psychologist
Brad Kallenbach is a clinical psychologist registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa and the Board of Health Care Funders. He obtained his Master’s Degree (Cum laude) from the University of the Witwatersrand in 2012. He completed his internship in 2013 on the Adolescence and Eating Disorders Ward at Tara Psychiatric Hospital and the Adult Acute Psychiatric Ward at Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital. From 2014-2016, he worked as a clinical psychologist in primary healthcare facilities across the broader Johannesburg area. During this time, Brad gained experience working with adults, adolescents, children, couples and groups from all cultural backgrounds, across a wide spectrum of diagnoses.
Brad offers short and long-term therapy for adults, adolescents and couples. He focuses on providing a kind, thoughtful and non-judgemental space within which to work with his clients. His core treatment philosophy is that individuals have within them the psychological resources to overcome challenges and live a fulfilled and meaningful life. The power of therapy lies in its unique capacity to create the conditions within which these inner resources can be harnessed. Brad works primarily from a cognitive-behavioural and psychodynamic perspective, tailoring his treatment to his clients’ individual needs.
Some of the issues and mental health concerns addressed in therapy include:
- Psychiatric conditions (depression, bipolar, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, phobias, panic attacks, schizophrenia, personality disorders, dissociative disorders.
- Addictions (drugs, alcohol, eating, gambling)
- Self-harm and suicidal behaviours
- Trauma and abuse
- Issues around sex and sexuality
- Interpersonal difficulties (relational, marital, occupational),
- Bereavement and coping with loss
- Coping with life transitions (death, separation, divorce)
- Stress and Burnout
- Self-esteem and self-worth
- Behavioural problems
- Self Insight
Brad is registered with the following professional bodies:
Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA): Registration No: PS0123854
Board of Healthcare Funders (BHF): Private Practice No : 0860010622036
South African Psychoanalytic Initiative (SAPI)
South African Psychoanalytic Confederation (SAPC)